Monday, September 17, 2012

Fun Updates

Today I am meeting with my psychology research adviser to go over the finer details of the project I will be working on this semester. More details are to come, but I am very excited about this research project. It deals with analyzing asymmetrical facial expressions (which are chimetric) and studying the lateral hemispheric brain activity. We are more specifically looking at emotional processing and recognition. I know this is quite a tremendous opportunity for me, and I will be learning a lot this semester!

This past Saturday I went to Hamburg with a group of friends. I really was not there long enough to go into depth about the trip, but I did see some quite beautiful churches and the Hamburg Rathaus. The courtyard behind the Rathaus is magnificently breathtaking:

 

I do need to go back to Hamburg another day- there is just so much to do there. At one point my friend Jeff and I got a bit lost on Reeperbahn, which is the main street in the Red Light District of Hamburg. That was slightly terrifying and interesting. Thank God I wasn't there later at night! Later on though we ended up finding a great cafe in Beatles Platz (the Beatles played in this area of Hamburg often when they were becoming famous) and I got to have this:

                                         It was even more delicious than it looks

Yesterday my floor in the "college" I live in ("college" = residence hall) took a floor picture. Half the floor didn't show up, but it ended up being a fun/goofy time. And my roommate Barbara and I finally got a picture together! :)



Today is Monday which means another crazy week of classes! It's going to be busy, but I have another interesting trip coming up this Saturday...

2 comments:

  1. Ah! Hamburg! If you haven't already read the John Lennon biography by Philip Norman, you should really give it a go. It's so good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so happy you are happy and having such a fabulous experience! xo

    ReplyDelete